Google Monde Recherche
Open Directory Project > Arts> Music> Theory>
Open Directory Project
Top: Arts: Music: Theory:
|This category in other languages:|
- Analysis of Masterpieces - Analysis of full-music 20th Century atonal pieces.
- A-Natural Atonality - Claims that atonality is unnatural while tonality is acoustically and historically natural.
- The Ancient Musical Modes - Ideas regarding the "classical modes" described by Plato and Aristotle.
- Atonal Set Calculator - Interactive atonal set calculator for pitch class sets and twelve-tone rows. Enter one or two sets and find normal order, prime form, Forte number, interval vector, and symmetry.
- Auto-Transposer - Transposes all twelve major keys of chord progressions.
- A Beginner's Guide to Modal Harmony - A concise explanation of the Gregorian and Renaissance modes and their development in the Common Practice era.
- Bimodalism - A contemporary alternative to atonal styles of composition.
- Chaos Music Paper I: Aesthetic Evaluation - Essays explaining computer music theory providing detailed analysis.
- Chordwizard: How Music Works - A concise summary of important concepts in music.
- Creativelab - Visual representations of music expressed in terms of color. In English, Ukrainian and Russian.
- Dolmetsch: Music Theory & History Online - Offers a musical dictionary, recorder lessons, instrument information and a composers listing.
- Dynamic Spectrograms of Music - Provides a type of spectrogram suitable for understanding the structure of music.
- eMusicTheory.com - Java applets designed to help students of music improve their basic music reading skills.
- Eric Weisstein's Treasure Trove of Music - A reference resource on music theory, covering in brief a vast array of topics.
- Essentials of Music Theory - Summarizes entry-level music theory through advanced topics. Includes beginners' drills.
- The Fugue - An outline of the fundamentals of a fugue based on Hugo Norden's "Foundation Studies in Fugue."
- Fugue No. 17: A-Flat Major - Introduction to the essential concepts of Schenkerian analysis applied to the Ab Major fugue of Bach's Well-Tempered Clavier, Book I
- Fugue Treatises, Analyses and Tools - Bibliography of fugue analysis research, writings and analysis.
- Gems of Compositional Wisdom - Articles on advanced atonal and serial concepts.
- Good Ear - Online ear training site.
- Harmonic Bindings - A paper about the unification of Janecek's theory of imaginary tones with the two Risinger's principles of functional relations.
- Harmony.org.uk - By Tom Sutcliffe. Aims to help students of music theory understand the role of chord progressions in musical structures. Site includes animated demos.
- Interactive Circle of Fifths - A free music theory tool designed to help musicians interpret chord progressions, easily transpose music to a different key, compose new music, and understand key signatures, scales, and modes.
- Interval and Chord Ear-Training - This site drills ear-training (aural skills), focusing on the aural recognition of musical sounds, including intervals and chords.
- Modes and Scales in Indian Music - A historical look at concepts of Indian scales and modes comparing North and South Indian approaches.
- Music Acoustics - The science of music. Explanations of how musical instruments work via waves and frequency modulation.
- Music Theory - A guide to music theory that including chords, scales, music notation and other music theory topics. Has weblog format; includes links as well.
- Music Theory - Covers intermediate and slightly advanced topics in tonal music theory.
- Music Theory for the Short Attention Span - Essential music theory knowledge, briefly explained.
- Music Theory Help Site - Intermediate music theory help covering basics through beginning formal analysis and counterpoint.
- Music Theory Instruction - Online instruction for all musicians beginner or advanced. Covers scales, chordal theory, progression theory, modes and foreign scales.
- The Music Theory Minute - Online music theory tutorials for beginning students.
- Music Theory Society of New York State - Provides a forum for the exchange of information and to promote music theory as a scholarly and pedagogical discipline. Site also contains membership and scholarship information as well as open calls for papers.
- Music Worksheets - Downloadable worksheets for elementary and middle school students.
- The Musical Intervals Tutor - Offers interactive music intervals and self-testing.
- The Musical Octave - Thomas V├íczy Hightower's study of musical scales. Discuses the meta-physical properties of music and the creation of musical scales from an acoustic and mathematical perspective.
- Nuottila - Online ear training fundamentals site. [Requires Java]
- Pattern Thinking in Music - Offers visual aid to recognizing musical patterns occurring in melody, harmony and rhythm. Provides online demonstration; requires download.
- Polytempo Music Articles - Articles by John Greschak. Includes an annotated bibliography of polytempo music.
- Ricci Adams' Musictheory.net - Includes introductory and intermediate music theory lessons, ear trainers, and books.
- SchenkerGuide - An introduction to Schenkerian analysis for undergraduate music students. Includes background, working method, glossary and bibliography.
- Schoen Musical Notation - Julius Schoens alternative to traditional musical notation, has music notation documents, reference, and discussion.
- Sight-Reading Rhythmic Patterns - Rhythmic exercises with accompanying MIDI files.
- Simplified Music Chord Theory - Explains scales and building chords from them.
- Skytopia: Music and Art Aesthetics - Author's overview of how every piece of music, every sound, and every picture can be rated on its own merits outside (as well as inside) human opinion.
- Society for Music Theory - Includes a database of journal article from the SMT Journal.
- Solomon's Music Resources - Resources for composers, music theorists, and researchers of music, with sound files, papers and compositions.
- Star Theory - Free preparatory syllabus in music theory and orchestration.
- Technical Committee on Musical Acoustics - A group within the Acoustical Society of America, that concerns itself with the application of science and technology to the field of music. Contains members, a list of papers, acousticians and links.
- Teoria - Includes software, books, exercises, and links.
- Theory on the Web - Intermediate music theory review for college students.
- The Tonal Centre - Interactive site for music composers and theorists which explains and demonstrates some of the key concepts of tonality; including chords, scales, cadences, and modulation.
- Tonality Guide - Fundamentals of tonality and music theory created as an online teaching tool with written and aural examples.
- 8-Tone Quarto-Modes Concept - Information with mp3 files, an introduction to the "diminished-major" and its applications.
- VCU Music Theory Resources - Music theory and ear training resources from Virginia Commonwealth University.
- Visualizing Music: A Model of Harmony - Visual model of music which geometrically describes relationships in harmony.
- What is Music - Solving a Scientific Mystery - Provide information on the book by Philip Dorrell which explains a new scientific theory about music: the super-stimulus theory.
- WholeArts - Music Conservatory - Introductory dialogue for courses in music theory and composition.
Moteur Recherche Google PublicitÚ dans la monde du Google.
Anglo France Website Design in France by Brittany Internet Google France