Google Monde Recherche
Open Directory Project > Arts> Music> Instruments>
Open Directory Project
Top: Arts: Music: Instruments: [ A
|This category in other languages:|
- Musical Instrument Reference
- Resource for teachers and students. Modern musical instruments, transposition, concert pitch and best sounding range.
- Taxonomy of Musical Instruments, by Henry Doktorsi
- Chart based on a 1914 scheme by Sachs and von Hornbostel classifies orchestral, folk, and electronic instruments into families. A second chart maps the free-reed family, which includes harmonicas and concertinas, supported by a scholarly history of free-reeds.
- Australian Aboriginal Musical Instruments - Descriptions and images of the didjeridu, bullroarer, gum-leaf, and clapsticks.
- CHICO Instrument Encyclopedia - Information categorized geographically and by type. Features histories and photos.
- The Classical Free-Reed, Inc. - Offers information about free reed instruments including the accordion, bayan, concertina, harmonica, sheng and reed organ. Includes definitions, descriptions, history, articles, reviews and a performers directory.
- Experimental Musical Instruments - Online archives of quarterly journal devoted to interesting and unusual musical instruments and sound sources, along with sales of instruments and guides on how to make and play them.
- Face Music: Traditional Instruments of the Mongolia People - Brief descriptions and photographs.
- Frequencies and Ranges - A table of extremely low musical notes matching frequencies with instruments able to play them. Links to pictures and articles including a subcontrabass clarinet built especially to play C-2, or 4 cycles per second.
- Iberian Folk Instruments - Photographs, descriptions, and audio samples of traditional instruments and music-related images from the Iberian Peninsula.
- The Institute Of Musical Instrument Technology - The main professional body covering the music industry.Â Features publication and membership details.
- Lithuanian Instrumental Music - Photographs and descriptions of traditional instruments, article on ensembles, glossary, and bibliography.
- Mechanical Music Digest - Moderated forum about musical instruments that play themselves. Published daily on the Internet and distributed primarily by e-mail.
- MFA: Musical Instruments - Photographs and information about instruments in the extensive collection at the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston.
- Musical Automata - Systematic recording project begun in 1980 documenting mechanical music devices from Vienna and Prague, with CDs available for sale beginning in 1999. Headed by Helmut Kowar of Phonogrammarchiv, the audiovisual research archive of the Austrian Academy of Sciences.
- Musical Instrument Information - Annotated internet directory, and a help desk for personal assistance with your questions.
- Musical Instruments - The Metropolitan Museum of Art - The Met presents an international array of musical instruments of historical, technical, and social importance, as well as tonal and visual beauty, from accordions to zithers.
- Musiciansnews.com - News for musicians about instruments, artists and competitions.
- NIU Musical Instrument Collection - Photographs and audio samples of instruments from around the world, organized alphabetically, geographically, and by type.
- Pro-Music-News - News from the music industry and professional recording and P.A. technology and well as keyboards and percussion product news. [English/Deutsch]
- Society for Self-playing Musical Instruments - Devoted to the devices and their use, design, history, and sale with links to museums and related organizations [English/Deutsch].
- World Musical Instrument Gallery - Descriptions, photographs, and some sound samples of instruments in Randy Raine-Reusch's large collection.
Moteur Recherche Google Publicité dans la monde du Google.
Anglo France Website Design in France by Brittany Internet Google France